Friday, June 17, 2011

Kentucky

Postcrossing official US-1135051

I recieved that beautiful card from Amy and Ella via postcrossing. Kentucky is actually a commonwealth (only 3 more- Virginia, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts are constituted as a commonwealth). The state was a part of Virginia but since 1792 it became the 15ths state to join the Union. Amy mentioned in the card that Kentucky is known as Bluegrass State due to the fact that bluegrass covers many of the pastures in the state. In my opinion the state could be known as 'deer and turkey state' as the number od those animals per person is the highest in the whole States. Kentucky is known for coalmining, horse racing, throughbres horses, bourbon, bluegrass music and tobacco. The name of the state (as in many other cases) comes  from native tribes. One of the biggest tourist attractions is Mammoth Cave National Park but  I will write about it soon as I recieved another wonderfull postcard showing one of the caves :) If I ever go to Kentucky I'll surely visit Cumberland Falls State Park due to moonbows or lunar rainbows that can be regulary seen over there! Johny Depp was born in Kentucky <3


No comments:

Post a Comment