Friday, May 20, 2011

New York City Baby!

'Magic, simply magic' as my friend said it on the postcard or dangerous metropoly where 'storing your car is safer than entering it in a demolition derby. But not much.'
I'm not sure. I have never been to NY yet. Waiting till I don't need visa for visiting the US but taking into consideration our diplomacy powers it will take some time... 
Anyway that postcard is wonderful and I'm closer to agree with my friend that there is something magical in it.


Manhattan Bridge is suspension bridge connecting Lower Manhattan with Brooklyn. Build in 1909 it was the third of the suspension bridges across the lower East River ( what a terribe name for the river!)
The designer, Leon Moisseiff later on designed Tacoma Narrows Bridge that collapsed in 1940 (the year it was built in)




I live in the city of bridges and probably that's the reason why I like them. I want to learn more about types, construction and history of the bridges over the world. I guess the learning will start with more bridges postcards being sent to me :)

1 comment: